All our events are open to UCL researchers with an interest in environmental studies and self-identifying as early career researchers, e.g. PhDs, post-docs, fellows and newly-appointed lecturers.
Environment and wellbeing across disciplines: an interdisciplinary seminar series
The UCL Environment Domain Early-career Network (EDEN) invites you to a new interdisciplinary seminar series on linkages between the environment and wellbeing. The purpose of the series is to find common ground between social and natural sciences and connect researchers in the environment domain across UCL.Environment and wellbeing across disciplines: an interdisciplinary seminar series
Each seminar will feature 3 short expert talks, followed by a short workshop and/or discussion and a networking social with refreshments. Details of the five sessions below.
All sessions will be held in room 2.18 in the Chadwick Building, UCL. Reserve your seat on Eventbrite.
Wednesday 11 October 17.15-19.00: Circular economy
- Aiduan Borrion, Lecturer in Sustainable Infrastructure, UCL Civil, Environmental & Geomatic Engineering
- Teresa Domenech, Senior Teaching Fellow in Sustainable Resources, UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
- Johanna Lehne, Research Associate, Chatham House, Energy, Environment, and Resources
Wednesday, 25 October 17.15-19.00: Transitions & transformations
- Julia Wesely, Development Planning Unit, University College London
- Giuseppe Feola, Lecturer in Environment & Development, Department of Geography and Environmental Science, University of Reading
- Dina Hestad, DPhil Candidate, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
Wednesday 1 November 17.15-19.00: Valuing nature
- Ben Milligan, Senior Research Associate, UCL Faculty of Laws & UCL Institute of Sustainable Resources
- Louise Carver, final-year PhD student, Birkbeck College Department of Geography, Environment and Development Studies
- Arnout van Soesbergen, Research Associate, King's College Department of Geography
Wednesday 15 November 17.15-19.00: Social-ecological systems
- Sarah Papworth, Senior Lecturer in Conservation Biology, Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour, Royal Holloway
- Mark Hirons, Environmental Social Science Research Fellow, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
- Sahil Nijhawan, PhD 2017, Human Ecology Research Group, UCL Anthropology
Wednesday 29 November 17.15-19.00: Urban environment
- Anna Mavrogianni, Lecturer in Sustainable Building and Urban Design, UCL Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering (IEDE)
Kindly sponsored by the UCL Grand Challenges Doctoral Students’ Small Grant Scheme.
Let us know of any event you would like to organise for our network!